As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Seed Needs #ad
Cucamelon/Mexican Sour Gherkin Melothria scobra Twin Pack of 65 Seeds Each, Seed Needs #adSeed Needs #ad
- You can treat cucamelon as a perennial, and though the fruits are not particularly high yielding, they produce their fruits yearly. All seeds are produced from open pollinated plants, stored in a temperature controlled facility and constantly moved out due to popularity.
Cucamelons have the taste of a cucumber that is citrusy and tangy rather than sweet. All tomato seeds sold by seed needs are Non-GMO based seed products and are intended for the current & the following growing season.
This is a slow growing vine plant that can grow up to 10 feet under the right conditions. The vine also produces small yellow flowers and does well climbing up trellises, taking about 60 to 70 days. The front displays a colorful illustration of the flower and the back displays detailed sowing instructions to grow them.
Compared to cucumbers, the mexican sour gherkin is more tolerant to drought and mild cold but not frost. Quality cucamelon seeds packaged by seed needs. Each seed packet measures 3. 25" x 4. 50" in dimension. The fruit can grow to be 1 to 2 inches, but should be cultivated before it reaches 1 inch to prevent the fruit from becoming too seedy if used for cooking.
2. David's Garden Seeds #ad
Heirloom Seeds, David's Garden Seeds Cucumber Gherkin Mexican Sour SAL3174 Green 50 Non-GMO #adDavid's Garden Seeds #ad
- Taste like cucumbers with citrus and tangy overtones. Harvest in about 70 days. Germination rate about 80% or better. Cute, 1 inch long fruits look like miniature watermelons. Seeds are non-gmo, easy to grow and hand packed by David's Garden Seeds in the United States.
3. GreenCreator #ad
60 Seeds Cucamelon/Mexican Sour Gherkin SeedsMelothria scobra #adGreenCreator #ad
- Leaving them on the plant longer can result in a slightly bitter flavour and a soggy texture. Once the danger of frost has passed they can be planted outdoors 30-40cm 12-16″ apart providing cane support.
The cucamelon plants can also be grown in a greenhouse in a grow bag, large pot or in the border. The plants will start to fruit in july through to late September. Sow the seed so that the blunt end faces downwards.
Sow the seeds of cucamelons during april and may. When the seedlings are large enough to handle transfer them into 9cm 3½″. The seeds should be sown in a propagator on a windowsill or in a greenhouse at a temperature of 22-24ºC 71-75ºF at a depth of 1cm ½″.
Once the main shoot has reached a height of 2. 5m 8ft, pinch out the growing tip. Pinch out the growing tip of the side shoots when they are 40cm 16″ in length. Cucamelons are ready to pick when they are the size of olives or small grapes and are still firm.
4. Park Seed #ad
Includes 30 Seeds in a Pack, Park Seed Mexican Sour Gherkin Seeds #adPark Seed #ad
- Includes 30 seeds in a pack. Use it as you would a cucumber, and spreads. 75 days from transplanting seedlings. Be patient with the germination; it can take up to a month, though one to two weeks is much more common.
That makes it a great candidate for sour pickles, sandwiches, right down to salsas, but it also can be turned into sweet gherkins. They have a thin rind and a very small seed cavity, with a few seeds that don't develop until late.
Prepare to be overwhelmed by the bounty of this plant. Mexican sour gherkin are oval and pale green with darker green stripes. Given sunshine and a good start, Mexican Sour Gherkin is prepared to take off, tolerating drought more effectively than many other vegetables, and free of pests.
Although it reaches only about 4 feet long and scarcely 6 inches wide, the small fruits forming among large, it bears heavily all season, handsome 3-lobed leaves. Sow these seeds indoors about 4 to 6 weeks before the last anticipated spring frost in your area. The bite of mexican sour gherkin is definitely more tart than that of a cuke.
5. Zellajake Farm and Garden #ad
Mexican Sour Gherkin Cucumber Cucamelon Mouse Melon bin1 25+ Seeds, or 1/10 Gram #adZellajake Farm and Garden #ad
- Sow at the depth recommended on the seed packet -- generally about 1 inch. Thin seedlings to 12 inches apart when they are 4 inches tall. Water the ground lightly. Mexican sour gherkin melothria scabra || FREE SHIPPING || NON GMO. Zellajake farm and garden: "Seeds for all your planting needs since 2013.
Water the vines at least once a week, checking between watering sessions to ensure the ground is moist to a depth of at least 3 inches. Grow the small gems as you would cucumbers -- with a support for the vigorous vines as well as full sun and fertile soil.
Choose the strongest-looking seedling and cut the rest to the ground with garden scissors. Seeds may be either started indoors or directly in the garden when the soil is warm enough. Direct-seed mexican sour gherkins into a garden bed to which a 3-inch layer of compost has been tilled into the ground.
Compared to everything from mini-melons to cucumbers to fava beans, the Mexican Sour Gherkin Melothria scabra is a small heirloom vegetable that lends itself to salads, stir fries and pickle crocks. Within each circle, plant the seeds about 2 inches from one another. Sow about six seeds in groups, or circles, that are 12 inches apart. Gardeners in warmer, mediterranean climates can often skip the extra work of raising Mexican sour gherkin seedlings by direct-seeding the intriguing veggies in April or May.
6. OptiCase #ad
Mini Thumb Watermelon Fruit Vegetables Seeds 60+ Cucamelon Mexican Sour Gherkin Melothria scobra for Home Garden Outdoor Yard Farm Planting #adOptiCase #ad
- Within each circle, plant the seeds about 2 inches from one another. Gardeners in warmer, mediterranean climates can often skip the extra work of raising Mexican sour gherkin seedlings by direct-seeding the intriguing veggies in April or May. Direct-seed mexican sour gherkins into a garden bed to which a 3-inch layer of compost has been tilled into the ground.
These open pollinated heirlooms can be direct sown in warmer regions in April or May or started indoors earlier for late spring transplantation. Then let’s learn how to plant mexican sour gherkins in the home garden.
Select a site in full sun. Keep them jarred in the fridge--they will stay good for 2-3 weeks. Sow at the depth recommended on the seed packet -- generally about 1 inch. Mexican sour gherkin cucumbers, mouse melon and in Spanish, otherwise referred to as cucamelon, sandita or little watermelon.
Add 1 cup gherkins, cool completely, and chill. Sow about six seeds in groups, or circles, that are 12 inches apart. If you have un-pickled gherkins left over, chop them up and throw them into salsa or gazpacho. Remove from the heat and steep until the liquid is warm--not hot. Direct-seed mexican sour gherkins into a garden bed to which a 3-inch layer of compost has been tilled into the ground.
7. TKE FARMS & GARDENS #ad
Non-GMO, Melothria scabra, 30 Seeds, Mexican Sour Gherkin Seeds, Cucamelon, by TKE Farms & Gardens #adTKE FARMS & GARDENS #ad
- Packaged in heat sealed, airtight bags to maximize freshness. Ideal for a trellis. The fruits are good as a delicious snack, pickled, in salads, or in stir-frys. Vining plants that will produce small green fruits that are similiar to a cucumber, but have a citrusy, tangy flavor.
8. Red Supply Solution #ad
Mouse Melon, Mexican Sour Gherkin Heat Tolerant Plant, Melothria Scabra Mini Cucumber, Miniature Watermelon Seeds to Plant, Mexican Sour Cucumber Seeds for Planting, Cucamelon 20 Seeds #adRed Supply Solution #ad
- Climate considerations - mini watermelon plant are grown as annual vegetables in most areas, although they are technically tender perennials like tomatoes Solanum lycopersicum.
Feedback - if you do not satisfy with the purchase, please do not leave negative/neutral feedback. We will try our best to fix the problem as soon as possible. Large fruit - cucamelon plants produce oblong shape, 1 to 2 inch length, green speckled skin and petite, edible fruit that look like miniature watermelons.
Contact us for solution. Best quality - this package contains 20 of Cucamelon seeds. Growth rate - the cucamelon plant vine measures about 4 feet 1. 2 meters long and bears heavy fruit throughout the summer season.
9. Zellajake Farm and Garden #ad
Mexican Sour Gherkin 10 Seeds.Mouse Melon #1 #adZellajake Farm and Garden #ad
- Cucumber white wonder-50 seeds-bin #142 || ▶▷"cucumber straight 8"-60 seeds-bin #32 || ▶▷lemon cucumber-100 seeds-bin #31 || ▶▷mexican Sour Gherkin-10 seeds-Bin #1 || ▶▷Beit Alpha Cucumber-30 seeds-Bin #211 || ▶▷Armenian Cuke Mix-80 seeds-Bin #5. Pumpkin atlantic giant-8 seeds-bin #328 || ▶▷jack be little pumpkin-30 seeds-bin #308 || ▶▷melon florida giant-50 seeds-bin #4 || ▶▷Spaghetti Squash-20 seeds-Bin #275 || ▶▷Pink Banana Squash-25 seeds MS Zellajake Farm and Garden: "Seeds for all your planting needs since 2013.
Seed varieties gourd cucumber pumpkin squash melon Selection Luffa Melon Summer || FREE SHIPPING || NON GMO. Nothing but the best of the cucurbit vegetable family! from the most popular to the rarest seeds of the family! Click now to buy your favorite variety, or save money and grow the entire collection at a discount! This is the best cucurbate survival selection available.
Luffa aegyptiaca-35 seeds-aka loofa cylindrica #42 || ▶▷giant luffa esmeralda-15 seeds-rare huge sponge #227 || ▶▷crown of thorns gourd-30 seeds-bin #93 || ▶▷dark green zucchini-25 seeds-Bin #105 || ▶▷Birdhouse Gourd-16 seeds-Bin #110 || ▶▷Speckled Swan Gourd-20 Seeds-Bin #113 || ▶▷Dipper Gourd-20 Seeds-Bin #40 || ▶▷Boston Pickling Cucumber-150 seeds-Bin #92.