As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. PEONY POPPY #ad
100 Hen and Chickens Poppy, Flowers Seeds Papaver Somniferum Great Dried Arrangements #adPEONY POPPY #ad
- Country/region of Manufacture:United States, Mpn:Perennial flowers. Model:Peony. Brand:peony poppy, plant Category:Flower Seeds.
2. Outsidepride #ad
5000 Seeds, Outsidepride Papaver Somniferum Poppy Hen & Chickens Rock Garden & Container Flowers #adOutsidepride #ad
- As the petals drop off, the seed pod is exposed which has the resemblance of a hen and her chicks. The blooms are large and their color is dark red to purple. Papaver somniferum, or also hen & chicks poppy, is a unique annual that is grown mainly for its interesting seed pod.
Grow this poppy in full sun to partial shade and in well-draining soil. With a temperature range of 55 - 60F, germination usually occurs within 14 days. Space the plants 15 inches apart for optimum growth.
Sow 5 - 6 seeds per plant. Lightly cover the seed with 1/16 inch of soil and keep it moist. The seed pods are considered to be very decorative and are used in dried arrangements. Flowers range from a pale pink to purple. Start the seed directly outdoors after frost danger has passed. It reaches 24 - 32 inches in height, the stems are very sturdy and the foliage is somewhat lettuce-like.
3. West Seed Farm #ad
300 Mammoth Poppy Seeds Papaver Somniferum Biggest Poppy to Grow! #adWest Seed Farm #ad
- Awe-inspiring! These have the largest flowers we've found. With plants stretching up to four feet, the foliage is bluish green and resembles lettuce. Seeds sown in the fall will germinate the following spring when the temperatures are right.
Sowing in the fall may not work if the winters are especially cold. Transplanting is not recommended unless it can be done carefully without disturbing the roots. Keep well-watered, fine soil or sand and then scatter the mix. This variety is valued because it produces a lot of seeds.
Growing instructions: these seeds are easily grown outdoors in full sun by scattering the seeds on the surface of the soil and pressing them in. Some growers actually prefer to mix the seeds with a loose, peat moss and vermiculite will work.
Somniferum is the variety of poppy whose seeds are most often used in culinary activities and baking. Fertilize monthly with a high-phosphorous fertilizer. Bluish Green Foliage. Shirley poppies are considered to be particularly sensitive to transplanting. A light, well-draining soil is important. They will usually hybridize with other poppies if precautions are not taken to prevent cross-pollination.
4. Mercantile Unlimited LLC #ad
Pat's Poppies Exotic Strains of Poppy Seeds "Afghan Danish Flag" Papaver Somniferum 1K Milligrams Large Packet #adMercantile Unlimited LLC #ad
- High 99% germination rate when planted correctly "winterizing seed to prep for germination optional, cool temperatures, but can result in much higher germination rate because it tricks the seeds into thinking it's the proper time to start growth, proper watering, not planning before you plant is only planning for failure.
5. Seed Needs #ad
Somniferum Poppy Seeds for Planting Papaver somniferum Twin Pack of 500 Seeds Each, Heirloom & Open Pollinated, Seed Needs #adSeed Needs #ad
- Keeping them fresh longer than the competition. The vast majority of our seeds are open pollinated & heirloom, with the exception of a few hybrids. You can share with friends and family, or save your extra seeds until the next season, if properly stored.
Direct from the growers. Promise - seed needs will never knowingly supply GMO based seed products. Measures 3. 25” wide by 4. 25” tall. Packets - each packet displays a beautiful illustration of the variety to be grown, as well as detailed seed sowing information on the reverse side as well.
Packaging - all seeds are packed in tear resistant and moisture resistant packaging. All seeds are stored in a temperature controlled facility that is free of significant amounts of moisture.
If sown correctly, you will begin seeing results in only a matter of days. Quantity - seed packets by seed needs offer generous quantities. Quality - all seeds packaged by seed needs are intended for the current and the following growing seasons. Germination - seed needs packets contain some of the freshest seed available.
6. 1lucky1972 #ad
White Persian Poppy Flower Papaver Somniferum Seeds #ad1lucky1972 #ad
- Other: poppies attract bees, butterflies, and birds. The huge showy 2 - 4" blooms make them an excellent cut flower, and their unique looking seed pods are splendid in dried arrangements or for crafts. Light requirements: sun. Plant seeds: outdoors after frost / indoors weeks before last frost.
Soil & water preFERENCES: Average. Scientific name: Papaver Somniferum. Plant spacing: 15 - 18". Plant height: 36 - 48". Bloom time: Mid Summer - Fall. They are known in folk medicine as a mild sedative and analgesic. Name: persian white poppy. Color: All White.
7. Sherwoods Seeds #ad
Giant Red Poppy Papaver Somniferum Premium Seed Packet #adSherwoods Seeds #ad
- Red papaver Somniferum. Great for cut flowers! Great for Drying! 100+ seed Pack. A honeybee Favorite.
|Brand||Sherwoods Seeds #ad|
8. Wafer #ad
350 Tasmanian Purple & White Poppy Papaver Somniferum Flower WFRN ct Can Grow in Pot #adWafer #ad
- Hardiness zone: n/a but re seeds itself easily, so it acts like a in all zones light requIREMENTS: Sun SOIL & WATER PREFERENCES: Average QUANTITY: 350 Seeds.
Name: tasmanian white poppy scientific name: papaver somniferum color: white with purple plant seeds: outdoors after frost / Indoors weeks before last frost PLANT HEIGHT: 36 - 48" PLANT SPACING: 15 - 18" BLOOM TIME: July - Fall.
Materials seeds, ziplock poly bag, plant stats, Labeled With, Color Photo, planting Instructions, And Love. Thanks. Do not freet, we will always ship all of the order. Please understand due to current situation, the shipment might be delayed. 350 seeds/ct.
9. Seedville #ad
1000 PEPPERBOX POPPY MIX Papaver Somniferum Mixed Colors Red Violet Flower Seeds #adSeedville #ad
- Free shipping on any additional products from our store !!! Names: pepperbox poppy mix // scientIFIC NAME: Papaver Somniferum.
Light: sun // water: average // color: purple, Red, Lavender, & White. Plant height: 24 - 36" // plant spacing: 15 - 18". Hardiness zone: annual // bloom TIME: Summer - Early Fall.