As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. David's Garden Seeds #ad
Organic Seeds, David's Garden Seeds Squash Winter Black Forest SL7686 Green 25 Non-GMO #adDavid's Garden Seeds #ad
- Black forest's dark green, flat-round fruits are of the kabocha type, but a bit smaller. Germination rate about 80% and better. Seeds are non-gmo and hand packed by David's Garden Seeds in the United States. The deep orange flesh is medium dry and sweet. Harvest in about 80 days.
2. David's Garden Seeds #ad
David's Garden Seeds Squash Winter Cha-Cha SL8374 Black 25 Non-GMO, Organic Seeds, Hybrid #adDavid's Garden Seeds #ad
- Resists black rot for longer storage than most standard Asian kabochas. Germination rate about 80% or better. Standard kabocha bred for flavor and storage. Harvest in about 95 days. Seeds are non-gmo and hand packed by David's Garden Seeds in the United States.
3. wbut2023 #ad
Kabocha, 20 JAPANESE GREEN PUMPKIN SEEDS, Open pollinated, heirloom #adwbut2023 #ad
- Kabocha can be substituted for pumpkin in recipes, or prepared Japanese style or like any other butternut squash. It has a dark green or gray-green or orange skin with a rich golden yellow or orange-yellow flesh.
Space” is the key word here. It is a vining plant that climbs via tendrils, rather than twining its stems around supports. No matter what you call it, it is an easy vegetable to grow and a hearty vegetable to eat.
Unlike many squash, the flesh is rich and flavorful. It is now grown throughout the Pacific and is very popular in Hawaii. Kabocha, in other parts of the country it’s known as butternut squash or Japanese pumpkin.
As mentioned above, this type of squash can grow pretty much anywhere you have the space. Despite being considered a japanese vegetable, this type of squash was probably domesticated in Central or South America. 20 japanese green pumpkin seeds - Kabocha - Open pollinated, heirloom. And with good reason − it is very adaptable and can grow in many situations, from coastal to upland areas.
4. Hometown Seeds #ad
Winter Squash, Sunshine Hybrid, Squash Seeds #adHometown Seeds #ad
- 1 package = 10 winter Squash, Sunshine Hybrid Seeds. 3 to 4 pound fruits are a flattened globe in shape. Has a distinctive vibrant orange-red skin with bright orange flesh that is sweet, creamy smooth and completely stringless when baked, nutty, steamed or microwaved.
95 - 100 days to harvest. Sunshine is a kabocha squash.
5. Kitazawa Seed Company #ad
Winter Squash Hokkori Hybrid #adKitazawa Seed Company #ad
- Seed is untreated. Free shipping for valid US postal addresses. Start your own vegetable garden. Kitazawa seed company does not sell GMO seeds and has signed the Safe Seed Pledge developed by The Council for Responsible Genetics. Planting and growing information is provided on the seed packets.
6. CaribbeanGarden #ad
Kabocha, Open pollinated, heirloom, 20 JAPANESE GREEN PUMPKIN SEEDS #adCaribbeanGarden #ad
- Model:Cucurbita moschata. Mpn:pumpkin/Squash. Brand:caribbeangarden, Country Of Manufacture:United States.
7. David's Garden Seeds #ad
David's Garden Seeds Squash Winter Tetsukabuto 3797 Black 25 Non-GMO, Hybrid Seeds #adDavid's Garden Seeds #ad
- Sweet and nutty. Seeds are non-gmo and hand packed by David's Garden Seeds in the United States of America. Harvest in about 100 days. Germination rate about 80% or better. Tetsukabuto produces eye-popping yields in harsh conditions.
8. seedssupplier #ad
Organic Heirloom 16 Seeds Japanese Squash Pumpkin Orange Red Fruit Very Sweet Flavor Vine Creeper Plant Kabocha F70 #adseedssupplier #ad
- An average weighs 2-3 pounds but can weigh as much as 8 pounds. Place in a sunny location. Avoid planting Japanese pumpkins close to corn or other varieties of squash or pumpkins. The orange colored flesh is very sweet.
Kabocha contains large amounts of vitamin A. Plant the pot 1 inch under the soil surface. Quantity:16 Bulk Seeds. Name: japanese Pumpkin. Vines grow from 12 to 20 feet in length.
As the plants grow, two to three weeks prior to the date of the expected last frost. Description japanese pumpkin is a globe-shaped squash with a skin which is smooth and orange red in color.
Water the plants regularly. Place one seed in each pot, 4 to 6 inches apart. Rake the soil to form raised rows or mounds, well drained soil. Plant in mounds or rows spaced 6 to 8 feet apart. Japanese pumpkins require about 1 inch of water per week. Do not allow the roots to dry out. Japanese pumpkins prefer a soil pH from 6. 0 to 7.